RE: [amibroker] Count database quotations

The line AA = AB.Analysis;  causes the AA window to appear.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William Peters
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:59 PM
To: Graham
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Count database quotations

Graham,

G>  Is there any way to stop it changing the settings in AA window
G>  eg When i run explore, it changes things like the number of stocks, it
G>  changes to 'all symbol' when I had 'current symbol' chosen.

Yes, just remove or comment out the following lines of code. I put
them in to aid with the example, they are not at all required. FYI,
these lines of code simply control the AA settings; ApplyTo and Range

/* Remove this section for indicator use */
AA = AB.Analysis;
AA.ApplyTo = 0;
AA.RangeMode = 1;
AA.RangeN = 1;
/* Remove above section for indicator use */

G>  It also runs the AA even when I click on Check errors button in the edit window

Yes, I noticed that the AA window appears and comes into focus but doesn't
actually run, is this what you refer to. If so I'm at a loss as to why
this happens, you might have to lodge a support email.

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com

ps. Extract from the Automation Object Model documentation.

Properties:
- long ApplyTo - defines apply to mode: 0 - all stocks, 1 - current stock, 2 - use filter
- long RangeMode - defines range mode: 0 - all quotes, 1 - n last quotes, 2 - n last days, 3 - from-to date
- long RangeN - defines N (number of bars/days to backtest)
- DATE RangeFromDate - defines "From" date
- DATE RangeToDate - defines "To" date
- Filter( nType: short, Category : String ) - sets/retrieves filter setting
nType argument defines type of filter 0 - include, 1 - exclude
Category argument defines filter category:
"index", "favorite", "market", "group", "sector", "index", "watchlist"