[amibroker] Re: Array question

Thanks neuro.  I think I understand what Graham said however I am
still having problems.  The following script indicates there are 1684
bars for QQQQ but the script still fails with the same error.

"barcount is " + NumToStr(BarCount);
TestArray[800] = 0;  // test

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, neurotic self <neuroticself@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> just a clarification, ignore if useless to you.
>
> TickerScore[800] = 0;
>
> AFAIK this is NOT declaring an 800 items array, just trying to assign
> zero to the 800th element. All arrays are implicitly declared with
> BarCount elements, that's why Graham suggested creating a fake symbol
> with more history.
>
> neuro
>
> On 9/3/05, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> > for starters there are only 64 watchlists, 0.....63
> > Param( "Watchlist", 5, 0, 63, 0 );//
> >

> > to create a larger ticker length, just create a new ticker then using
> > excel create a long history for it in a csv file and import this to
> > AB.
> >

> > I just loaded into AB and not really cerain what it is meant to do but
> > i got no error messages
> >
> > On 9/3/05, sam_92841 <sam_92841@xxxx> wrote:
> > > I modified the following script as a test to try to declare an array
> > > with 800 elements.  The error message is:
> > > Error 10
> > > Subscript out of range.
> > > You must not access array elements outside 0..(BarCount-1) range.
> > >
> > > If there is a way to make a larger array please point me to the
> > > section in the help file.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Sam
> > >
> > > Listnum = Param( "Watchlist", 5, 0, 100, 0 );// Watchlist to
display.

> > > // the start point of comparision will be StartPoint bar
> > > sp = Param( "Startpoint %", 55, 1, 100, 1 );
> > > startpoint = int(BarCount*(sp/100));
> > >
> > > // Here is a base line - We Use Currenty Selected Ticker.
> > > // (Use an Index as your Base eg XAO,XEJ,XMJ Etc...)
> > > price = Close;
> > > baseline = 100 * ( price/ValueWhen( Cum(1) == startpoint, price
) - 1 );

> > > // base line chart (flat line)
> > > Plot ( baseline - baseline,Name(),6,1);
> > > TickerScore[800] = 0;  // test
> > >
> > > list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, listnum );
> > > for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
> > >  {
> > >

> > >    price = Foreign( sym, "C" );
> > >
> > >         Plot (100 * ( price/ValueWhen( Cum(1) == startpoint,
price ) - 1 )-
> > > baseline,sym,6+i,1);
> > >  }

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Graham
> > AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> > Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> Janeczko for President!

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM