From: Dr. S. Nathan Berger [mailto:snberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 8:21 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] About new systems

At 10:32 PM 12/31/01 -0500, you wrote:
>HI Nate,
>
>Could you post your system , so all items are in the same post. I am
>looking forward to trying it.
>
>Anthony

Hi, and Happy New Year to you and yours, Anthony. Nothing would give me
greater pleasure than to repost the system. Here is the letter of
instruction and ALL of the pieces this time!

THE DDT-NB SYSTEM

I have put together a system I would love to share with the group that has
given so much to me! This system will work for stocks as well as for mutual
funds. If it is well received, perhaps some one of you will help me post it
to the library.

1) Using the Momentum Finder written for me by Tomasz, I will set the Min
change=1 and Period=45, then EXPLORE the entire list of symbols in my
database. What is returned to me is a list of the %Rate of Change for each
fund over the past 45 days. I will click on the %Rate of Change column to
reorient the list presenting the greatest rate of change to the least. I
will then select the top 8 or 10 performers in this list and make a note of
them.
2) I will repeat this process, leaving Min change=1, and Period=35, then
Period=25 etc., taking only the top few listings for each time I run the
Explore. Once finished, I get a strong sense of which are the best
performers in my database over the past 45 days to the  present time.
3) I will next list the top 5 to 10 candidates compiled from my initial
research. Using the Optimized Modified RSICompute.AFL developed by Dimitris
Tsokakis set at X1=10, Dbuy=10, Dsell=10, I will optimize for each of
these top candidates. I  reject any candidate which does not provide at
least 100%Net with a drawdown no greater than 33% (though this is far too
high for more conservative investors than I). I will write down the %Net,
%drawdown, the X1, Dbuy and Dsell for each of these.
4) Let's say that there are 5 funds which satisfy the above criteria. I
then enter each of these into the Modified RSI_s1.AFL designed and written
by Dima Rasnitsyn. Using his IIf  (Name( ) format, I can change and plug in
new funds (stocks) as they appear on the lists, and thus eliminate the need
to continually run the optimization formula.

For example, the first entry on this formula is IIf (Name() == "Tgtnx", 17,
Suppose you don't want to trade this, having discovered ABC, with %Net at
350%, drawdown at 19%, and X1=12, Dbuy=4, and Dsell=10. In each of the 3
places in the formula where you see "Tgtnx", substitue instead "ABC". Also
substitue the X1 you discovered for ABC, 12, for the number in the X1
position for Tgtnx- 17. Do the same for Dbuy and Dsell. SAVE THE FORMULA
ONCE YOU HAVE MADE THESE CHANGES. That way, you will not have to
re-calculate again. NB: THE FORMULA IS CASE SENSITIVE. IF YOU TYPE  ABC
INTO THE FORMULA, IT MUST BE ABC ON THE TICKER LIST, NOT Abc!!!

Once you have the Modified RSI_s1.AFL formula set in place, you can use it
in analysis, as a commentary to put arrows on the chart, and as a great
graph which signals the mechanical buy and sell of the fund or stock under
consideration.

5) Finally, for visualization,  I will set up
      a page showing price, RSI_s1.AFL, and RSI_MACD_Graph; then,
       a page showing price , and the combination formula put together from
Dima's work
       and Dimitris' work. This is the RSI_s1_MACD_Graph.AFL

I had long ago been advised to "develop a system for trading- then trade
the system". I follow the buy and sell points on the charts without fail,
most often ignoring the arrows. So far, this little system has performed
admirably, producing a number of solid winners, few whipsaws, and very
light losses. I include a screen shot of Cgmfx, which made me enough money
on this last bull run to make up for all the earlier combined losses I had
sustained this year. As you view the chart, you will see it is uncannily
accurate for this particular fund- as it is for most of the vehicles I trade.

My thanks to all who have helped me, and may this effort, in turn, provide
help to others of our great community. Your remarks, criticisms,
embellishments and improvements are welcomed!

Nate Berger

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS