[amibroker] Re: Gann Fan

Hi,

It's not strictly true that paper charts were not scaleable - Gann
used a different price per square on the X scale depending on the
type of chart ( day, week, or month) i.e a 1x1 square on a daily
could be 1 point (square)up to 1 unit (day) across of time, but a
monthly chart could be 16 points up (1 unit up)to 1 month (1 unit
across) both would create a 45º angle between the corners of their
respective plots, but are different scalings on the X and Y axis.

A 45º angle drawn by the Gann fan is just that - a 45º degree
angle -
but it is not a 45º of Price and Time in the Gann sense, as we are
unable at the moment to define the units of time and price for
creating the 45º in the Gann way. This is why Gann referred to
angles
as 1x1, 1x2 1x3, as opposed to geometric degrees.

So, the ability to draw fixed angle trendlines would depend on your
definition - fixed angles of price and time, or fixed angles of
degrees ?

Best rgds

Gary

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amon Ra <amon_gizeh@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Tomasz!
> It will be great if in the future version of Amibroker
> will be an option to draw lines (trendlines) at fixed
> degrees (15, 30, 45 etc).
>
> amon
>
> --- Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just draw it using Gann Fan tool and watch the
> > STATUS bar - it displays degrees - so it is easy to
> > draw 45 degree line.
> >
> > Please note Mr. Gann was drawing on paper which was
> > NOT scalable thats why he mentioned fixed angles.
> > On computer screen angles are not fixed because both
> > X and Y axis are freely scalable.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM