[amibroker] Re: Multiple INstances of AmiBroker

Thanks! I will do this. Two followup questions...

I had thought about 3 main instances; one for the realtime window
which I want to be large; one for intraday charts; and one for DAILY
charts.

I want to be able to see weekly and daily charts in addition to
intraday charts. I can do this by opening a 2nd instance with a
different database and then use a different layout for these
charts. The only problems (besides the current daily bar not being
updated) is that if I change a symbol are (1) in one system I have
to change the symbol in the other and (2) every time I open each
instance I have to move the instance to a spot on the screen and
pick the layouts. Thing brings to mind two questions/requests...

1. Could I create a shortcut to start Amibroker w/ parameters such
as the database name, layout and possibly x,y screen location, so i
could have an icon for the intraday system and a different icon for
the daily system that would open each w/ the proper database, layout
and location?

2. If I change the system in one instance could you add a
feature/option to find other instances (if any) of amibroker and if
checked off automatically change the symbol in the 2nd window?

OR... Would I be better off with just creating a MIXED database
instead of maintaining daily and intraday data?

Thanks!!!

> Hello,
>
> You can run two instances but it is better to run single instance
with multiple
> chart windows open. You can press "restore" button on main
AmiBroker window
> (so it is not maximized) and then extend the main window to cover
BOTH monitors.
> Then using Window->New you will be able to create and move
multiple chart windows to
> both monitors.
>
> If all you want to have on second screen is real-time quote
window - it can
> be easily UNDOCKED from the frame by holding down the CTRL Key and
dragging
> its caption bar. This way you can move it to another monitor (it
won't dock into frame).

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM