RE: [amibroker] Ergodic Candle Oscillator

Hello,

I coded in AFL this indicator (oscillator):

// from "Momentum, Direction and Divergence" by William Blau

// John Wiley & Sons

function Ergodic_CSI(f1)

{

  Cmtm = Close - Open; //Candlestick momentum

  NUM = EMA(EMA(Cmtm,f1),5);

  DEN = EMA(EMA((H-L),f1),5);

  return (NUM / DEN) * 100;

}

f1 = Param("EMA 1",3,1,1000,1);

f2 = Param("Signal",5,1,100,1);

Plot(    Ergodic_CSI(f1)    ,"ErgodicCSI("+f1+",5)",colorDarkGreen,styleLine);

Plot(EMA(Ergodic_CSI(f1),f2),"Signal Line ("+f2+")",colorRed,styleLine);

PlotGrid(0,colorWhite);

“Ergodic” is only a double smoothing indicator with the second moving average set to 5.

I warmly recommend to read the book by Blau and I hope You already did it!

It’s a commendable work: I found several interesting concepts in it.

Regards,

      Antonio