Re: [amibroker] How fast AmiBroker is?

AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
AA = AB.Analysis;
AA.ApplyTo = 1;
AA.RangeMode = 1;

start = Now();

for( i = 0; i < 1000000; i++ )
{

  x = 2 * i + 13 * sin( i ) / (3*i) + cos(i);
}

finish = Now();

Filter = 1;

AddTextColumn(start,"Start");
AddTextColumn(finish,"Finish");

Wednesday, August 31, 2005, 6:45:51 AM, you wrote:
TJ> Hello,

TJ> Since one of our uses pointed out to the last Metatrader ad that gives completely false
TJ> statements about AmiBroker speed (in their ad they were telling that AmiBroker is able
TJ> to do 79 simple mathematic operations per second only on
TJ> 2.8GHz machine (sic!)), I am giving small example of
TJ> code that shows real actual speed of mathematical calculations in AmiBroker.

TJ> How untrue their claims are you can check by running this commentary code:

TJ> Now();

TJ> for( i = 0; i < 1000000; i++ )
TJ> {

TJ>   x = 2 * i + 13 * sin( i ) / (3*i) + cos(i);
TJ> }

TJ> Now();

TJ> The code consists of ONE MILLION of iterations each one
TJ> consisting of:
TJ> 3 multiplications
TJ> 3 additions
TJ> 1 division
TJ> 2 trigonometric functions

TJ> So total of 9 mathematical operations per interation.
TJ> And if you run it on 1.4GHz machine (which is 2x SLOWER than
TJ> the machine they used for tests)
TJ> you will see that it executes in 1 second.

TJ> This gives (9 ops * 1000000 iterations) = 9 MILLION of simple
TJ> operations per second in AmiBroker.
TJ> So they misquoted AmiBroker speed by 5 orders of magnitude.

TJ> AmiBroker must be real threat other platforms if they start to spread so untrue figures.

TJ> Best regards,
TJ> Tomasz Janeczko
TJ> amibroker.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM