[amibroker] Re: Ticker COLUMN display in OTHER than Alphabetical order?

Hal,

I haven't done this, but I think it would be possible to export the
sorted data from AA and then use a VB sript or application to make a
list with tickers a1, a2, a3... Ticker a1 would have the original
ticker and full name as the new full name, etc. Then you could use a
VB script or application to rename the files in a copy of your
database to the a1, a2, etc. When opened from a watchlist containing
a1, a2, etc., the original symbol and full name would appear as the
full name in the watchlist.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hal Brehe <hcbre@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi TJ,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Although I could not find the word OTHER, as mentioned in your
response on
> the opened AA in AB, I did find and understand the use of the
"Export"
> button. I appreciate your thought, as a means of keeping record of
the
> ticker sequence through the use of a text file. I also understand
the
> reason why my request is impossible to accomplish in AB.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Hal
>
> At 08:47 AM 08/25/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Click on the OTHER column's header and press "EXPORT" button -
this way
> >you can create text file with other order.
> >Internally in AB all lists are inherently sorted (becaue watch
lists are
> >just bits/flags in always-sorted symbol record table) and you can't
change
> >his.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Tomasz Janeczko
> >amibroker.com
Alphabetical order?

> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Is ANYONE aware of a method, sequence or process that would
allow one to
> > > place TICKERS into a Watch List in anything other than their
Alphabetical
> > > order.
> > >
> > > I would like to copy results from Automatic Analysis according
to a column
> > > OTHER than the Ticker Column.
> > > This would allow one to sort on a column whose rank in the sort
made it
> > > the  "Best Performer", and carry the order of that sort intact
over to a
> > > watch list.
> > >
> > > Any work-around that would result in retaining that same
sequence into a
> > > watch list, would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hal
> > >

> > > --
08/23/2005

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >

> >Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
> >
> >To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
> >SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> >
> >For other support material please check also:
> >http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> >--
08/24/2005