[amibroker] Re: Fw: [inbox] FW: Fuel Prices

A chain letter ?! ...

It's a matter of supply and demand ... you wanna bring down
price ... find a way to decrease GLOBAL consumption (Good Luck
w/China growing as fast as it is) or increase GLOBAL production
(Good luck with some producers on strike).  Trying to batter the
biggest of the majors will work ... for about 15 seconds ... but
nature abhors a vacuum.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Almond" <steve2@xxxx> wrote:

> Subject: Fuel Prices
>             This seems like a good idea to be repeated....
>
>             See what you think and pass it on if you agree with
it .

>             We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we
will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

>             Here's a suggestion. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than
the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going
around last April or May!

>             The oil companies just laughed at that because they
knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy
petrol.

>             It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a
problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up
with a plan that can really work.

>             Please read it and join in!
>
>             Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
>             marketplace not sellers.
>
>             With the price of petrol going up more each day, we
consumers need to take action.

>             The only way we are going to see the price of petrol
come down isif we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their
Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the
idea:

>             For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol
from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

>             If they are not selling any petrol, they will be
inclined to reduce
>             their prices.
>
>             If they reduce their prices, the other companies will
have to follow suit.

>             But to have an impact, we need to reach literally
millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

>             It's really simple to do!!
>
>             Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep
reading and I'll
>             explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
>
>             I am sending this note to a lot of people.
>
>             If each of you send itto at least ten more (30 x 10 =
300)... and
>             those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
3,000)

>             ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the
sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
consumers!

>             If those three million get excited and pass this on
toten friends
>             each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
>
>             If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..
THREE HUNDRED
>             MILLION PEOPLE!!!
>
>             Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.
>             That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP)
>
>             How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300
MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next
8days!!!

>             I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much
potential, did you!

>             Acting together we can make a difference.
>
>             If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
on.

>             PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE
69p a LITRE RANGE

>             It's easy to make this happen.
>
>             Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,
Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc.

>             i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>