Re: [amibroker] Re: Does this work in AB?

Hello,

It is not about speed, but about user friendliness.

You guys do not think about all consequences of your "ideas". I do (I really spend long hours thinking about functionality,
so each and every bit is well-thought and if something works some way then it means
that there is good reasoning behind it).

It makes no sense to reset parameters the way you wanted
because, if you had formula that consisted of hundreds of parameters
and they were reset each time formula is modified it would be
HUGELY user-unfriendly - you would need then to re-adjust all parameter values
by hand. Not an option.

If you want global parameter it is very easy to do, but not the way you attempted.

Instead use:

1. In the "MASTER" formula (that controls other charts) write:

value = Param( "global param", 1, 1, 20, 1 );
oldvalue = StaticVarGet( "MyGlobalParam" );
if( oldvalue != value )
{
 StaticVarSet( "MyGlobalParam", value );
 AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
 AB.RefreshAll(); // refreshes other charts
}

2. In alls "SLAVE" formulas (the ones that USE global parameter) write single line:

value = StaticVarGet("MyGlobalParam");

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com