Re: [amibroker] A little help please.

thanks Terry, this is good...
----- Original Message -----
From: Terry
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 8:26 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] A little help please.

Erik,

You have to Buy the Bear funds on a Short signal. Here is some code that allows you to enter the funds you want to trade. It allows two Long funds and two Bear funds. You can set the date of inception for the Long and Bear funds and it will trade “myTicker” prior to those dates. For example you can trade the Rydex funds and trade QQQQ or ^NDX before they started. This code is probably more than you were looking for, but it works:

function Date_To_Num(mmddaaaa)

{

   mm_ = StrToNum(StrLeft(mmddaaaa,2));

   dd_ = StrToNum(StrMid(mmddaaaa,3,2));

   aa_ = StrToNum(StrRight(mmddaaaa,4));

   RESULT = (10000 * (aa_ - 1900)) + (100 * mm_) + dd_;

   return RESULT;

}

LongDate  = IIf(DateNum() >= Date_To_Num(LongInception),1,0); //Set to inception date of Long fund

ShortDate = IIf(DateNum() >= Date_To_Num(ShortInception),1,0); //Set to inception date of Bear fund

"Long Trades:";

myTicker + " before " + LongInception + " then " + LongFund;

"\nShort Trades:";

myTicker + " before " + ShortInception + " then " + ShortFund;

//Your trading system goes here

//Ultimately you must create BuyLong and BuyShort as your Buy and Sell conditions

//This one also allows BuyDoubleLong and BuyDoubleShort such as Rydex Venture and Velocity

Buy = (BuyLong AND Name() == LongFund AND LongDate)

   OR (BuyDoubleLong AND Name() == DoubleLong AND LongDate)

   OR (BuyShort AND Name() == ShortFund AND ShortDate)

   OR (BuyDoubleShort AND Name() == DoubleShort AND ShortDate)

   OR (LSC > 0 AND (BuyLong OR BuyDoubleLong OR netSignal >= 0) AND NOT LongDate AND Name() == myTicker);

Sell = (BuyLong AND (Name() == DoubleLong OR Name() == ShortFund OR Name() == DoubleShort))

    OR (BuyDoubleLong AND (Name() == LongFund OR Name() == ShortFund OR Name() == DoubleShort))

    OR (BuyShort AND (Name() == LongFund OR Name() == DoubleLong OR Name() == DoubleShort))

    OR (BuyDoubleShort AND (Name() == LongFund OR Name() == DoubleLong OR Name() == ShortFund))

    OR ((LSC < 0 OR netSignal <= 0) AND NOT ShortDate AND Name() == myTicker);

//When before ShortDate, Short the Index to simulate. Can never Short a Fund. Must Buy Inverse funds to effect a short.

    Short = Name() == myTicker AND NOT ShortDate AND LSC == -1 AND (BuyShort OR BuyDoubleShort OR netSignal <= 0);

    Cover = LSC != -1 OR netSignal >= 0;

--

Terry