RE: [amibroker] Re: OT: New Trading Laptop Recommendation ? TJ and board

I second the motion VERY strongly.  Also, make that Serial ATA.  Minimum extra cost.  Maximum speed.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gordon
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 9:47 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT: New Trading Laptop Recommendation ? TJ and board

Jim,

This may be tight in that price range, but if at all possible, get
yourself a 7200 RPM drive -- they are very available at this point
in laptops -- and reading stock data is very disk bound -- you will
not be happy with a 5400 RPM drive. Also, get a good defrag utility -
- perfectdisk, diskeeper or the winternals product -- for the same
reason. Constant downloading of data fragments the drive.

Gordon

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jim_trades_stocks" <jnk1997@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is time to get a new latop for my frequent travel.
>
> Price range: 1000 - 1200 USD
>
> All will have:
>
> 15.4" widescreen
> 80-100 GB 5400 rpm hard drive
> 1 gb Ram
>
> My processor options:
>
> Pentium M 730 or 740 (1.6-1.73 ghz) with intel accel graphics 900
>
> AMD Turion 64 M-30 1.6 ghz with 128mb shared video
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200 2.0 ghz with ATI Radion 128mb video
>

> My Questions:
>
> Battery life is not that important 2 hours plus is OK
> Weight is a concern, don't want it too heavy.
>
> Which processor would you go for, understanding that we traders
> multitask alot?
>
> Thanks to anyone that responds.
>
> Jim

Investment tracking software Return on investment software Stock investment software

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS