[amibroker] Re: Report on Quotes Plus Data

Tomasz,

This helps.   Two additional questions:

1) How are the symbols categorized into AB Groups such as ETFs,
ADRs, etc?  Using the Issue Type?

2) It looks like IssueType is useful for me, but it is an integer.
Can you provide a mapping list of IssueType Integers to IssueType
Descriptions?  Maybe a pointer to the AB or QP website that has this
mapping?

Thanks and regards,

Dan.

> Hello,
>
> 1. The reason for this is simple:
>
> when you check "stocks" box the plugin uses QP2 API
R2_QP_ReadMaster function that is supposed to iterate through STOCK
records.
> when you check "funds" box the plugin uses QP2 API
R2_QP_ReadFundMaster function that is supposed to iterate through
FUND records.

> For reason known only to QP2 people in master stock records there
are some symbols that have "IssueType" different than "1" (common
stock)
> or "2" (preferred stock). And this is why the appear in other
groups.

> (you can use GetExtraData("IssueType") to retrieve "IssueType"
field)

> 2. This is so because old plugin did NOT use "IssueType" field at
all. Instead it assummed that R2_QP_ReadMaster returns stocks only
> while R2_QP_ReadFundMaster returns funds only. This assumption
however was not true for all symbols.

> Please note that "IssueStatus" field is set in the QP2, and only
QP2 staff can change it.

> What I can do is to add switch to ignore "IssueStatus" field in
next version (so effectively this will return to previous plugin
version status quo),
> but be warned that this does not change the fact that groupings
generated that way are not entirely correct anyway.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

plugin version.   If these are standard grouping going forward, then
I'll change my code to match the new groupings.   However.

>   There are still two issues:
>

>   1.       Part A - Even though "Mutual Funds" is NOT checked in
the "Quotes Plus plugin configuration" window, Mutual Fund symbols
are still retrieved.  To ensure that the DB was clean, I deleted all
symbols from AB.  Then I "Retrieve"d symbols, etc. from the "Quotes
Plus plugin configuration" window with "Mutual Funds" NOT checked.
I still got Mutual Funds symbols.   Why are they retrieved?
Shouldn't they be excluded?

>   Part B - In addition to Mutual Funds, other non-Stock/non-Index
items are retrieved - Preferred Stocks, ADRs, Warrant or right,
Convertible preferred, ETF, Certificate and Unit.     ADRs and ETFs
may be considered stocks, but not the others (AFAIK).

>   Which leads to issue 2.
>

>   2.       With the old plugin, the AB Groups and "Quotes Plus
plugin configuration" categories roughly matched.  With the new
plugin, the Groups and Categories no longer match.   Shouldn't
the "Quotes Plus plugin configuration" categories be a closer match
to the AB Groups so that unwanted symbols can be excluded?

>   Including symbols that we don't want increases database size,
scan time, and risk of composite errors (key for me).  Please take a
look.