Re: [amibroker] Backtesting and tradedelays

you can provided you follow a few rules
1 Never use future value (as you alrteady said)
2 Never use OHLC of the current bar unless you can trade after hours
as you never ever know what these values will be until the endo of
trading day. A proviso on this is if you use H/L relative to previous
values. eg H>ref(h,-1) as if the price moves above the previous days
high then regardless of final high value it will have to be higher
than previous.
3 Do not use indicators or mathematical contived values that are
current to todays bar, unless it is referencing a previous bars only.
eg  ref(MA(c,10),-1)

there are more items to be aware of but these are a few I can think of as typing

--
Cheers
Graham

">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>