[amibroker] Re: no symbol showing, plus two other questions please help

Tomasz, actually, I can think of one question right away--I paid for
the fancy, professional version of Amibroker, which is what I think
you need to get tick data, yet when I look under View->Intraday, I
find that the 15 second, 5 second, tick, 10-tick, 20-tick, 50-tick,
100-tick and 200-tick are all greyed out. Why would that be? I
couldn't trade without my tick charts! Please advise. Thanks, Taz

> Hello,
>
> Please follow the video tutorial I have prepared for you,
> exactly step by step:
> http://www.amibroker.com/video/ib.html
>
> TO answer your questions:
> 1. No
> 2. It does not really matter as long as you use correct symbol.
> ESU5-GLOBEX-FUT is correct.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

ESM5-
> > GLOBEX-FUT". If I remember correctly, there used to be,
> > under "symbol"  in "Workspace" the word "New" with a "+" next to
it.
> > I'm pretty sure that's what I saw. Well, that "New" and its "+"
sign
> > are gone now, so I have no way to enter a new symbol. What do I
do?

> > Separately, I would really appreciate an answer to my earlier
> > questions:
> >
> > 1) Is it necessary to have the symbol for whatever you want to
trade
> > (for example, the ES emini) displayed in TWS when you want to
look
> > at a chart of the ES in Amibroker? I hope that I am being clear
here.

> > 2) On your web page, http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html, you
discuss
> > Symbology, and mention something about "symbol mode"
vs. "underlying
> > mode". Is it necessary to use one or the other mode when you link
> > TWS to Amibroker?
> >
> > Thanks, Taz
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tasuki_lpf" <tasuki_lpf@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>   In message below, you said to go to view->intraday->one
minute.
> > So
> >> I tried to do that, but every option was greyed out. I suspect
> > that
> >> this is because my ESU5-GLOBEX-FUT is no longer showing in the
box
> >> labeled "symbols" under "Workspace" which I explained in the
rest
> > of
> >> my previous message. I'm not sure why the symbol I typed in
> >> disappeared, but it did. If I tab over to "layouts" or "layers"
> >> or "charts" there are lists of things to click on, but
> >> under "symbols" the entire box is blank. I'm not sure why, but
I'm
> >> guessing that this is the first problem I need to solve. Please
> >> explain what to do. Thanks, Taz
> >>

> >> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
> > <amibroker@xxxx>

> > or
> >> something"

> > should
> >> chart at least 3 data bars are need but there are only x bars in

> > at
> >> least THREE DAYS OF DATA.

> >> using Professional version)

Amibroker. No
> > do
> >> I re-
> > blank?

> >> TWS

> >> <amibroker@xxxx>

> > the
> >> list

">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>