[amibroker] thanks, next set of questions

Thanks, Tomasz. It didn't work, but I think I'm making progress. I
plugged in: ESU5-GLOBEX-FUT and I got an error message, something
about not enough bars or data or something. Unfortunately, I thought
the problem was I needed to have the same symbol present in the TWS,
so I added it, and nothing changed. Thinking that I had to close and
reopen Amibroker for the changes to take effect, I closed and
reopened, Amibroker, and to my surprise, the area under "Symbols"
in "the box "Workspace" is not completely blank.

Questions:

1) Nothing at all under "symbols" when I reopened Amibroker. No
place to re-enter the ESU5-GLOBEX-FUT. What do I do now? How do I re-
enter the symbol? Why did this whole window go completely blank?

2) Was I correct in assuming that I needed the ESU5 showing on TWS
in order to get the data from IB?

3) For Amibroker to work with IB, does it matter if I am
in "underlying" mode or "symbol" mode?

Many thanks, Taz

> Hello,
>
> After creating new database with IB plugin just select
>
> Symbol->New
>
> And enter (for example):
>
> ESM5-GLOBEX-FUT
>
> Then go to Workspace, Symbols, and select this symbol from the list
> and chart will be displayed automatically.
>
> Similar procedure for eSignal plugin is shown in the video:
> http://www.amibroker.com/video/esignal.html
>
> (IB setup is similar except data source is different)
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

description of
> > stuff I have can't understand at all. How is this important? I
just
> > want to trade the emini futures, and I still can't figure out
how to
> > get Amibroker to show me a chart of, well, anything. It would
have
> > been really helpful if the instructions had given some
explanation of
> > why the discussion of "Symbology" mattered. Sorry, folks, but
I'm
> > completely lost. I followed the instructions down to the part
where
> > you run Amibroker, choose File-> New database, and then fill in
the
> > appropriate boxes. My Amibroker has "CONN" in a green box at the
> > bottom right corner, which I gather means that it's connected to
my
> > TWS. But I can't figure out what to do next. How to I get
Amibroker to