[amibroker] Re: Complete AFL Code for Improved Trend Continuation Factor

I guess I looked a little too quickly ...

You should be able to simplify by eliminating the jscript as it
doesn't appear to be needed ...

Length      = Optimize("Length", 35, 1, 100, 1);

Change      = Close - Ref(Close, -1);
intraChange = Close - ((H + L) / 2);

PlusChange  = IIf(Change > 0 AND intraChange > 0,  Change +
intraChange, 0);
MinusChange = IIf(Change < 0 AND intraChange < 0, -Change -
intraChange, 0);

BSPC0       = BarsSince(PlusChange  == 0);
BSMC0       = BarsSince(MinusChange == 0);

PlusCF      = Sum(PlusChange,  BSPC0);
MinusCF     = Sum(MinusChange, BSMC0);

PlusTCF     = Sum(PlusChange  - MinusCF, Length);
MinusTCF    = Sum(MinusChange - PlusCF,  Length);

Buy         = PlusTCF  > 0;
Sell        = MinusTCF > 0;
Short       = Sell;
Cover       = Buy;

Plot(PlusTCF,  "PlusTCF",  colorGreen, 1);            //Plots PlusTCF
line
Plot(MinusTCF, "MinusTCF", colorRed,   1);            //Plots
MinusTCF line
Plot (0,       "",         colorBlue,  styleNoLabel); // shows a blue
line through 0

PlotGrid( 25, 55); // shows white grid line for black background
PlotGrid(-25,-55); // same

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vin st <vinst1@xxxx> wrote:
> Fred ,
> How does
> Close - ((H+L)/2);
>
> look into the future? It is comparing the mid-point of
> the candle with the close of the same day.
>
> vin

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DldnlA/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM