Re: [amibroker] Do you use Amibroker for daytrading?

Ggoom,

I am currently daytrading futures and forex using AmiBroker and IB's
datafeed. I think this is not exactly what you are planning to do, as you
seem to be more focused on stocks. The main difference is I don't do scans,
but rather watch charts myself as I follow only a handful of tradables...

However, I'd say that IB's feed works fine with AB, the only problem is that
you get only 5 days backfill so that, should you be unable to login for
longer period, you'd end up having holes in your database.

Alternatively: you could use IB as datafeed, and Prophet.net as backfill,
but not with AB directly, rather with Quote Tracker. QT and AB work
perfectly together, that is to say you can collect data (and news) with QT
and chart them with AB.

Hope this helps.

alberto