From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of nkis22
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 8:23 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: IB plugin and TWS 848 multiple-day backfill-
>>AB Freezing

I upgradred to TWS 848.8 2005/07/01 lastnight. Have only 20 symbols
and now every scan that used to run fine last week are now freezing
AB.
And any backfill is very very very slow!
What version of TWS is most compatible. Wondering if I will be able
to revert to the older version of TWS. How?
nand

> Hello,
>
> 1. In my tests I am getting longer backfills for STOCKS (which have
shorter trading hours)
>    and shorter for FUTURES (which are trading almost 24 hours a day)
>    Stocks are backfilled upto 5 days back, GLOBEX futures ~2days.
>
> 2. Yes the API docs says that but
>     a) this needs to be verified in practice (to implement that IB
would need to collect the data for 6 months now,
>         and based on their comments I doubt if they already
collected that much data)
>     b) accessing this would require changes in the plugin
>         while I was asking what results you get with CURRENT
version of the plugin

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

abilities, but
> >> according to my tests *existing* IB plugin (1.4.2)
> >> allows to get upto 5 day 1-minute backfill (one trading week)
without any change in

--

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DldnlA/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM