Re: [amibroker] Re: Why is backtester filtering add on signals?

It was a battle, but I understand how sigscalein works now. So if anyone needs to do this, here's the basic idea.

Use sigscalein as a constant in place of the normal 1 value of Buy or Short. So if you are buying each bar, Buy = SigScaleIn; would replace Buy = 1; the result would be adding a position on every bar.

The more usual occurrence would be in an IIf statement like:
BuyCondition = (your buy criteria);
Buy= IIf ( BuyCondition, sigScaleIn,0 );

meaning scale into the position (based on PositionSize) whenever your buy conditions are meant. sigScaleIn replaces 1 in the IIf statement

There are examples in the help file, but the basic idea is not explained directly, and I found the examples hard to follow. I had just about given up when I finally got it. Hope this helps someone.

Esteban

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS