Re: [amibroker] Complete AFL code for the Triple Momentum Trading System

Dickie:

I pasted your code of the Appell system into Amibroker and
ran it on the NDX data I have (mid 1985-present). Note your
code does not have slippage and I ran it as is (no slippage
or commission).

As a long system, it works well in the bull market of the
later 1990s (1995-April 2000), but it is not so hot for
more recent years. Also it only averaged a bit more than
10% for 1985-1995 (no slippage). I can see why Appell
choose to reveal this in a book - no golden goose is being
given away here.

That is the long perspective - see the attached jpeg for
equity curves (same curve, just from two different
perspectives). The top chart is log scale to get away from
the parabolic nature of AB's built in curve. The bottom
curve, AB's built in one, is good for seeing how often the
system is in cash and how frequently it trades.

I have also attached euqity curves for shorting with this
system - ouch! - Maximum DD is 77% and that is without
slippage or commissions.

http://mail.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DldnlA/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM