RE: [amibroker] Re: Challenge - Best Ways of Accessing and Using External Data

I've used VB for this but in a very non object fashion. I just load the page and have the browser give me the text for the site and then parse it.  Crude but it works.  As to effectiveness and ease it depends on the site.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phsst
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2005 8:50 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Challenge - Best Ways of Accessing and Using External Data

> Have you used it?

Nope. But I'm interested in the possibility of automating the retrival
of certain option quotes daily (or intraday) to track open position
status.

Last year I ran across a web site that had PERL demo code to extract
data from web pages, but since I'm not into PERL I did not persue it.

Since you are VB fluent, does the WebBrowser control offer any hope
for doing this within VB. I just started playing with VB on this
yesterday but am no further than researching at this point

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS