[amibroker] Question on alerts

I haven't used Amibroker alerts in the past and just began
experimenting with them. Question: Dow do I follow a watchlist of
stocks throughout the trading day using real-time quotes and generate
(email) alerts when certain conditions (e.g., trailing stops) are met.
I tried scanning on a 1 minute frequency but that didn't generate any
alerts. If I try to use indicators for alerts, can I make AB apply it
to an entire watchlist and not just the stock(s) currently being
displayed? The only way I got automatic alerts to fire was when I did
a manual backtest ofver my watchlist.

Thanks for any help.

Dan