Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:29 PM
Subject: [amibroker] One more color sampler

Hi All,

Finally got around to looking over Gary and Bill's improvements ( some very nice ideas ! ) to my original color sampler, and in playing around with them, I ended up writing another one. Just figured I would post it in case anyone is interested. This is a little different from the others - it plots one complete palette, auto-sized (best-fit) to the number of bars you are viewing (but you will need to view at least 56 bars to see all colors). When you click on a color, it shows an indicator in several different styles to give you an idea what they will look like. Not much else to explain, just a few changes to Gary and Bill's work. Try scrolling, zooming and playing with the parameters. I also replaced the original in my Yahoo AB-AFL folder with this one in case anyone wants it later. Happy trading!

Steve

// COLOR SAMPLER  ( 6/24/05  sjdugas@xxxxxxxxxxx )

BarVisible = Status( "barvisible" );

BarsVisible = LastValue( Cum( BarVisible ) );

BarsPerColor = Max( int( BarsVisible / 56 ), 1 );

Color = int( Cum( 1 / BarsPerColor ) % 56 );

FirstBarVisible = BarVisible AND NOT Ref( BarVisible, -1 );

BarNumber = BarIndex() + 1;

FirstColorBar = ValueWhen( FirstBarVisible, BarNumber + 1 );

ShiftedColor = Ref( Color, -FirstColorBar );

LastColorBar = ( FirstColorBar + BarsPerColor - 1 ) + ( BarsPerColor * 55 );

PaletteHeight = IIf( BarNumber >= FirstColorBar AND BarNumber <= LastColorBar, Param( "Palette Height", 10, 0, 100, 1 ), Null );

PaletteStyle = ParamStyle("Palette Style", styleArea|styleOwnScale|styleNoLabel, maskAll );

SelectedBar = SelectedValue( BarNumber );

Ind = ParamToggle( "Sample Indicaor", "EMA|Zig" );

EMAPds = Param( "EMA Periods", 3, 1, 100, 1 );

ZigPct = Param( "Zig Percent", 3, 0, 20.01, 0.2 );

Sample = IIf( Ind, Zig( Low, ZigPct ), EMA( Low, EMAPds ) );

Plot( PaletteHeight, "Palette Height", ShiftedColor, PaletteStyle, 1, 100 );

Title = EncodeColor( colorRed ) + "Click a color on the palette to see sample styles in that color. Right-click to select Parameters.";

if ( SelectedBar >= LastValue( FirstColorBar ) AND SelectedBar <= LastValue( LastColorBar ) )

{

ColorNum = SelectedValue( ShiftedColor );

ColorName = WriteIf( ColorNum == 0, "Custom1",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 1, "Custom2",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 2, "Custom3",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 3, "Custom4",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 4, "Custom5",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 5, "Custom6",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 6, "Custom7",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 7, "Custom8",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 8, "Custom9",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 9, "Custom10",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 10, "Custom11",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 11, "Custom12",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 12, "Custom13",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 13, "Custom14",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 14, "Custom15",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 15, "Custom16",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 16, "Black",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 17, "Brown",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 18, "DarkOliveGreen",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 19, "DarkGreen",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 20, "DarkTeal",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 21, "DarkBlue",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 22, "Indigo",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 23, "DarkGrey",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 24, "DarkRed",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 25, "Orange",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 26, "DarkYellow",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 27, "Green",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 28, "Teal",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 29, "Blue",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 30, "BlueGrey",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 31, "Grey40",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 32, "Red",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 33, "LightOrange",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 34, "Lime",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 35, "SeaGreen",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 36, "Aqua",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 37, "LightBlue",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 38, "Violet",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 39, "Grey50",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 40, "Pink",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 41, "Gold",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 42, "Yellow",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 43, "BrightGreen",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 44, "Turquoise",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 45, "SkyBlue",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 46, "Plum",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 47, "LightGrey",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 48, "Rose",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 49, "Tan",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 50, "LightYellow",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 51, "PaleGreen",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 52, "PaleTurquoise",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 53, "PaleBlue",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 54, "Lavender",

WriteIf( ColorNum == 55, "White", "" ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))));

Plot( Sample * 1.00, "Line", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleLine );

Plot( Sample * 0.98, "Line|Thick", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleLine|styleThick );

Plot( Sample * 0.96, "Dashed", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleDashed );

Plot( Sample * 0.94, "Dashed|Thick", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleDashed|styleThick );

Plot( Sample * 0.92, "Dots", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleDots );

Plot( Sample * 0.90, "Dots|NoLine", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleDots|styleNoLine );

Plot( Sample * 0.88, "Staircase", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleStaircase );

Plot( Sample * 0.86, "Histogram", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleHistogram );

Plot( Sample * 0.84, "Histogram|Thick", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleHistogram|styleThick );

Plot( Sample * 0.82, "Area", ColorNum, styleLeftAxisScale|styleNoLabel|styleArea );

Title = EncodeColor( ColorNum ) + "color" + ColorName + " ( # " + ColorNum + " )"

+ "\n"

+ "\n" + " * 1) Line "

+ "\n" + " 2) Line|Thick "

+ "\n" + " S 3) Dashed "