[amibroker] Python/JScript -- Filter Setting Question

Hi, again.

I have taken your advice and are now creating relevent watchlist for
the periods that we are backtesting.  However, this has created a new
problem.

In order to run all of these jobs we have been using the Automation
object built in to amibroker, but rather than using jscript we are
using python as our scripting language, mainly just becuase we have a
lot of python experience and none in jscript.  :)  So far it has been
working just fine.

Our problem is that when we try to set the filters like this

AA.Filter( 0, "watchlist" ) = 7;

I get an error from the python compiler that you can't assign a value
to a function call.
I'm not looking for help with python, (unless someone has experience
already) but rather I was wondering how this function works?
It seems to be sent arguments as well as being assigned a value?
Is this correct?    Or is this not really a function, but rather an
array?

It works fine in jscript but as I said earlier I would prefer to use
python alone.  I think if I understood just what the function does I
could find a work around.

Another problem I am having, with both languages, is that I can't
seem to export the report to html.  I even copied the example but it
doesn't create the file.  I get no errors.
Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.