RE: [amibroker] Re: IB.dll 4.0 and FX Data

Geoff--- don't mean to butt in here, but

why not try the Globex futures---

CAD would be 6cm5-globex-fut gets you the June 2005 Canadian dollar
EUR would be 6em5-globex-fut is the June 2005 Euro FX....

and do remember--IB supplies on 24 "historical" data---this is NOT a
function of AB.

ahhh--i just reread your original message.  You don't use AmiQuote.  you
just use the IB plug-in.  You create a New database and call it IB.  put
your symbols in that database.  open the real-time quote window  and put
your symbols in that.  put the IB.dll in the plug-in folder.  Now under
Tools/Plug-ins you should the InteractiveBrokers plug-in.  your set to go.
in the bottom right hand corner of AB you will see a Red rectangle with ERR
inside when not connected, and a Green rectangle with Conn displayed when it
is connected.  Hovering over the rectangle will have a pop-up display what
the last message is.

after i typed this, i'm thinking maybe this is not what you want.  But
IB.dll interfaces with TWS, and IB does not supply any backfills longer than
24 hours.  so either i'm confused or you are---probably me  :)  IF you are
trying to use Amiquote--that has nothing to do with the IB plug-in.....

hth,
ron