[amibroker] Re: WHERE & HOW CAN I "PAPER TRADE"?

  I use Bracket Trader connected to IB and AB, all at the same time.

http://www.bracket-trader.com/features.html

It is free and a Great simulator ( called Sim or Live), for a
limited number of stocks , but pay $100 and any stock . It is also
to trade RT with IB as a front end.

In the demo ver I have on now can do simulations on QQQQ and ER2, in
real time. Not sure how it would work in EOD. If you want to trade
YM or ES in RT, will have to pay $100.

I believe it was developed for the futures or any stock in RT like
qqqq.

If you get IB, which is only $10/m when you do not trade, and
connect to BT a great simulator system.

They have 3 downloads, depending on the IB version and API.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Tumolo"
<missionstrading@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey James
> If you're just trying to get comfortable with a new system and are
doing EOD
> trading then after you get the signal in the evening you can just
put in a
> simulated Market On Open order and in your trading use the next
mornings
> open as your entry price. you can keep this in a spreadsheet.
>
> As far as brokerages are concerned I have been with TD and
Ameritrade and
> several others and I finally found what I consider the best.
Interactive
> Brokers. There you open a universal account where you can trade
both stocks
> and futures and the options on each in one single account. The
commissions
> are dirt cheap (ie I bought 10,000 shares of a penny stock a few
weeks ago
> and it only cost me $1.00, yes one dollar!!!)and the execution for
me has
> been flawless. PLus AB has an Interactive Brokers plug in so that
you get
> live realtime quotes streaming into your computer all day for
free. It is a
> really sweet setup. Interactive uses what they call Traders Work
Station
> (TWS) and I believe they have a demo version of it that you might
be able to
> papertrade with delayed data. check them out...
> http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/main.php
>
> Hope that helped.
>
> mikey t
>

> >From: james brady <jimbrady51@xxxx>
> >To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [amibroker] WHERE & HOW CAN I "PAPER TRADE"?
> >Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:24:24 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >     OK, so I have done my backtests, optimizations,
> >and walk forward to reassure myself.  But let's say I
> >want
> >to papertrade for a while to increase my comfort and
> >safety level.  I'm an EOD trader, so, every night,
> >I'll get on the computer and, and ... do what?  I can
> >run a scan to generate my Buys and Sells for tomorrow,
> >right.  But since I won't actually be buying or
> >selling on some sort of brokerage account, how do I
> >keep track of the buys, sells, commissions, money
> >market interest on my idle money, etc?  Can I do it on
> >Amibroker?  As part of the Automatic Analysis window?
> >
> >      I have called both Ameritrade and TD Waterhouse,
> >and they seem to be telling me that they don't offer a
> >good paper trade account.  Where do I get this?  Are
> >there some other online brokers that offer such a
> >service, and I should switch accounts?  Could I use a
> >spreadsheet?  Quicken, Yahoo!--none of these seem so
> >simple.  A special website?  I went on Google with an
> >entry like "paper trading stock market securities,"
> >and the hits I got don't seem so easy or cheap, or
> >they trying to pressure me into secutities other than
> >common stocks.  Hey, everybody pays homage to the idea
> >of papertrading, but how do you actually do it?
> >
> >      Anybody have any suggestions, tips, personal
> >experience, etc?  Can you point me to a good article
> >somewhere in the investment literature, or online?  Do
> >you know of a webbroker or other sort of website that
> >would provide this service free, or for a modest cost,
> >keeping track of fees, interest on idle money, etc.
> >Please help, I'm eager to get back in the market.
> >
> >Jim Brady

> >Discover Yahoo!
> >Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it
out!
> >http://discover.yahoo.com/

> Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
McAfeeŽ
> Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?
cid=3963