[amibroker] Re: Setting the start date for "Relative Performance" indicator

Many thanks for the help - Those codes give me some ideas, but they
seem to be for Relative Strength as oppossed to Relative Performance.

I'll paste a copy of the code I am using below.  All I need to do is
be able to manually select the start date, rather than be forced to
use the "firstvisiblebar".  Perhaps there is a way to set the date
of the firstvisiblebar in the chart window...?

Here is the code - which shows the Relative Performance of various
Australian Sectors along with the ticker you have open.

----

_SECTION_BEGIN("Relative Performance");
_N(TickerList = ParamStr
("Tickers", "^AXJO,^AXDJ,^AXEJ,^AXFJ,^AXHJ,^AXIJ,^AXMJ,^AXNJ,^AXPJ,^A
XSJ,^AXTJ,^AXUJ,^AXXJ"));
NumBars = 20;
fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar");
Plot( 100 * ( C - C[ fvb ] ) / C[ fvb ], Name(), colorBlack,
styleThick=4 );
for( i = 0; ( symbol = StrExtract( TickerList, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
 fc = Foreign( symbol, "C" );

 if( ! IsNull( fc[ 0 ] ) )
 {
   Plot( 100 * ( fc - fc[ fvb ] )/ fc[ fvb ], symbol, colorBrown + (
(2*i) % 15 ), styleLine);
 }
}

Plot(0,"0",colorGrey50,1);
_N(Title = "{{NAME}} - ASD - Relative Performance [%]: {{VALUES}}");
_SECTION_END();

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Wilson <wiz899@xxxx> wrote:
> I modified some part of the code.. it looks good! thanks Terry!
>   "INDEX RelStrength";
> "Indexes will MATCH at Selected Bar";
>
> BaseStock = "^PSI";
> constant = SelectedValue(Foreign(BaseStock,"C"));
>
> /* RelStrength of the Base */
> Base = Foreign( BaseStock, "C" )/Foreign( BaseStock, "C" ) *100 /
> (SelectedValue(Foreign(BaseStock,"C"))/constant);
> Plot(Base , BaseStock, colorRed, styleThick); //base is always
100%

> mystock = Foreign( Name(), "C" )/Foreign( BaseStock, "C" ) *100 /
> (SelectedValue(Foreign(Name(),"C"))/constant);
> Plot(mystock , Name(), colorBlue,
styleThick|styleNoTitle); //mystock is
> 100% at the selected bar
>  - Wilson
>
>  On 6/1/05, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Try this code. It doesn't have selectable tickers, but it does
what you
> > want:
> >
> > "INDEX RelStrength";
> > "Indexes will MATCH at Selected Bar";
> >
> > constant = SelectedValue(Foreign("^SPC","C"));
> >
> > /* RelStrength of the NDX */
> > ndx = Foreign( "^NDX", "C" )/Foreign( "^SPC", "C" ) * 1000 /
> > (SelectedValue(Foreign("^NDX","C"))/constant);
> > Plot(ndx ,"^NDX", colorWhite,styleThick);
> >
> > /* RelStrength of the COMP */
> > Comp = Foreign( "IWM", "C" )/Foreign( "^SPC", "C" ) * 1000 /
> > (SelectedValue(Foreign("IWM","C"))/constant);
> > Plot(Comp ,"IWM",colorBlue,styleThick);
> >
> > /* RelStrength of the RUT */
> > Comp = Foreign( "QQQQ", "C" )/Foreign( "^SPC", "C" ) * 1000 /
> > (SelectedValue(Foreign("QQQQ","C"))/constant);
> > Plot(Comp ,"QQQQ", colorGreen,styleThick);
> >
> > /* RelStrength of the RYVYX */
> > Comp = Foreign( "SMH", "C" )/Foreign( "^SPC", "C" ) * 1000 /
> > (SelectedValue(Foreign("SMH","C"))/constant);
> > Plot(Comp ,"SMH", colorViolet,styleThick);
> >
> > /* RelStrength of the RYVNX
> > Comp = Foreign( "RYVNX", "C" )/Foreign( "^SPC", "C" ) * 1000 /
> > (SelectedValue(Foreign("RYVNX","C"))/constant);
> > Plot(Comp ,"Venture RS",colorRed,styleThick);*/
> >
> > --
> > Terry

Performance"