[amibroker] Re: Non-functioning backtester

Joe,

Thank you for responding to my question. I have tried changing
symbols, and some parameters; to no avail. The fact that a few scrips
work on my laptop (by working, I mean that they give me a list of
trades, not necessarily that these trades are anything meaningful),
and that all of them work on my PC suggests a system problem. The one
line 'trade' I get with various -1.# numbers (I assume) is some sort
of error code; that Amibroker generates while running Back Tester -
then stops.

When Amibroker starts, the startup message includes the
statement "This program uses Microsoft active scripting
technologies". I am working on the assumption that somehow
the "active scripting technologies" on my laptop have somehow been
corrupted (which is why I mentioned the message I get on starting
XP), and I was hoping that someone else might have experienced this
and could confirm it and tell me how to fix it.

David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> David -
> I"ve never known the backtester to fail but have made many user
miscues.

> Check to see what stock/issue you've got loaded in your current
ticker window.  Sometimes this
> trips me up and I try to make sure my current ticker always has
many bars of history, say IBM or an index.

> The other trouble shooting piece of advice "show me one that
works"..or find a formula that works in backtest mode,
> ...drop back to a very simple strategy that will work then you'll
know if your settings are ok and the issue in the ticker

Service.