Re: [amibroker] Moving Average Channels?

Steve, Tried your BB code and got an error #29 "Lowband being used without being initialized".  Marshall

-------Original Message-------

Date: 05/29/05 22:36:39
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Moving Average Channels?

Hi again,

As I read my own e-mail, I see that the code could be better. Here is an
improved version with a few changes:

Steve
MovAvgPds = 13;
LookbackPds = 63;
Step = 0.25 // increment bands by this much each step
WantInChan = 85 // want 85% of bars to be inside channel

MovAvg = MA( Close, MovAvgPds );
KeepLooping = True;
For( Incr = Step; Incr < 100 AND KeepLooping; Incr = Incr + 0.25 )
{
   UpperBand = MovAvg + Incr;
   LowerBand = MovAvg - Incr;
   InChan = High < UpperBand AND Low > LowerBand
   TotalInChan = Sum (InChan, LookbackPds );
   PctInChan = TotalInChan / LookbackPds * 100;
   If( PctInChan >= WantInChan )
       KeepLooping = False;
}

Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
Plot( UpperBand, "Upper Band", colorBlue, styleLine );
Plot( LowerBand, "Lower Band", colorBlue, styleLine );