From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of NW Trader
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:21 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] intraday data

Hi Bob,

Been a while -- hope all is doing well.

So how is the data from DTN.IQ?  I've got a similar issue with eSig renewal coming up, but last year (or maybe 18 months ago) when I tried DNT.IQ, I found it unworkable because of erratic data spikes in price and occasionally volume.  By spikes, I mean bad ticks being reported which were sometimes 2 to 10 multiples of the correct value.  Obviously made a chart garbage.  If you're not seeing any of this, then perhaps they've fixed the problem.  Seemed to be worst (if memory serves) on high volume stocks or stocks with a lot of movement (like TIVO yesterday and today).  If I shut down and restarted, the backfill didn't have the spikes, but that wasn't a viable solution for intraday RT data.  Please continue the reports, I'm quite interested.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick