[amibroker] Re: Is there a way to obtain only optionable stocks?

Ress,

Since you are using TC2005, I'd scan for "Optionable Stocks" in
TC2005, export a list from TC2005, import into AB as a watchlist,
and then filter by the watchlist.  In detail:

1.  Open TC2005

2. Click on the "Lightning bolt" button on the toolbar.
The "EasyScans" window appears.

3. Click on the little "page" on the top right to create a new
Scan.   The "Editing conditions..." window pops up.

4. Click the "(Add new Condition)" line.  The "Edit Condition"
window pops up.

5.  Scroll down and select "Optionable Stocks".   Click "OK".
Click "Save" and then name your new "EasyScan".

6.  Click the "Lightning Bolt" again and select the new scan that
you created.   Ensure that a sub-list is NOT applied.   Your stocks
are now filtered to include ONLY those that are optionable.

7.  Export this list to a text file using the menu item "Databank ->
Export to Text".    Ensure that just the symbol is exported.

8. Open AB.

9. In "Symbol => Categories -> WAtchlists" select a target watchlist
and rename it to something that indicates to you that you will be
using it a master list.  Maybe, "Optionable Stocks".

10.  Click OK to close the window.

11.  Select "Symbol -> Watchlist -> Import".  A list of Watchlists
will pop up.

12. Select the target watchlist that you just renamed("Optionable
Stocks") and click OK.   The "Open" dialog will pop up.

13.  Navigate to the folder where you exported the Telechart symbols
and select the symbol file.  Click "Open".

That's it.  You now have a watchlist of "Optionable Stocks" that you
can use in AB.   Use this watchlist in Scans and Explorations,
just "Use Filter" and "Include" the optional stocks watchlist.

Best regards,

Dan.