From: alex huynh
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] STOCK TICKERS GO TO THE P's, THEN STOP??

Hi Patrick,

I trade US market and use yahoo update data. Yes I accident reassign the command line for auto-update. I also tried C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote but it doesn't work. I guess I have to install another AB into different folders and figure it out from there.

regards,

Alex

NW Trader <47nwtrader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Probably not much help from me as I don't use AmiQuote or the autoupdate feature -- I use eSignal and other RT data vendors that have dedicated plugins.

Check the help file to see if it answers your questions - search on autoupdate gets a page that explains it's use.  Don't know why you would get a sharenet error as that is for South African stocks, I believe.  The Sharenet downloader should be in the Scripts subfolder (it's a .js file), so perhaps you have moved or overwritten it?  Auto-update file is in the AmiQuote subfolder of the AB directory.  Or did you reassign the command line for Autoupdate to the Sharenet file by accident?  Autoupdate should be on the path C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\AmiQuote and use the argument /auotupdate.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick