[amibroker] OT: Question for Fund Gurus

Hi All,

I have 2 accounts with my broker, a regular individual account and a recently opened IRA account. The broker set up the IRA so that any cash in the account is automatically swept into a money market fund managed by Reserved Funds. The money market pays about double the interest of my regular account, so I was thinking about setting up my regular account this way also. Before doing so, I asked my broker whether the cash in the money market funds were covered by their insurance, and was told no, that it was being managed by Reserved Funds, and I should call them to see what insurance they have. I did, and they said they have *no* insurance at all, but that none is necessary because, under the federal regulations which govern funds, and which they must follow, my money would still be safe even if Reserved Funds went under. My questions are:

1. In the unlikely event of fraud or mismanagement on the part of Reserved Funds, could I lose the money in these funds?

2. Which should I do - cancel the "money market fund" option on my IRA,  or set up my other account to use this option? It is more important to me to know my money is safe than to collect an extra 1% or 2% in interest, so I am leaning towards cancelling this option on the IRA, unless some knowledgable people can confirm that this money is totally safe even without insurance.

Thanks for any advice!

Steve