Re: [amibroker] Timeframes and Databases

I've been very satisfied with real-time data from IQFeed.net.  Clean, updates quickly, backfills automatically.  I think I have well over 10000 bars of 5-min data.  Not expensive. IB is pretty useless for getting data for backtesting.  They only backfill 24-hours.

Brian
----- Original Message -----
From: carstuff
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Timeframes and Databases

Up until now, I have been experimenting with End of Day data only. I would
like to do some testing with real time data as well. I have a few questions
if someone doesn't mind answering them.

1. Is it possible to have EOD and 5 minute data together? If not, what would
I have to do? 2 separate databases?

2. How much 5 minute data is it possible to have in a database?

3. What is the best source of Real Time Data - best being reliable and
economical (if not mutually exclusive :-)

4. Is what IB provides enough for back testing and is it difficult to set
up?

5. Is there a source for stack and futures( commodity) real time data?

Many thanks
Tom