[amibroker] Re: Sound Problems AlertIF

Thanks Herman

Great info. That  we need for RT. Will send my problems to support.

Yes I believe it happens in RT, may be OK in EOD.

I have been using many different sounds in AIQ-EDS language for 10
years, so wonder why AB has a problem, BUT in AIQ I could only do
one Alert concept at a time. But the AIQ alerts worked on MANY
stocks at the same time. Typicaly  I would put in at least 50
selected stocks, including Futures, in RT 0ne minute, fed from
mytrack and maybe 5 different sounds.

That was great for telling how the full market was moving, AB is
much better over all, they just need do do some more work on the
Alert mode.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "psytek2" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> imho The Alert() is overkill for a simple sound function; we need
> simple afl Sound() that works unconditionally under "all"
conditions
> and at "all" times, i.e. regardless of chart position,
barsrequired,
> state of several arguments, etc. Ideally it should have soundfile
> buffering so that you don't miss a second sound triggered during
the
> same afl pass.
>
> I emailed a suggestion to support for a simple Sound(). If you too
> think this is useful please email your support for such a function.
>
> Adding sounds to your RT/AT system is a natural progression and
even
> a requirement. Once you have sounds working you will never again
work
> without it: it is the only possible eyes-off connection you have
with
> your trading system.
>
> Sounds are underutilized in AmiBroker simply because users are
turned
> off by complexity and problems; they give up and don't want to
waste
> too much time on it.
>
> best regards,
> herman.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "me_rayme" <raycherry1@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Wondering if a bug exists in AB sound.
> >  XP 2.4GH 800 mh buss 1 gb of ram. ver 4.70.5  with IB backfill
> > Looking at YM futures, one minute.
> >
> > I have two AlertIF programs up, some times four, one where the
> Cross
> > of 20ma and 50ma and another where the Signal and MACD cross.
> >
> > both have identical alerts as below.
> >
> > AlertIf( Buy, "Sound C:\\Program
> > Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\gunshot.wav","Buy MA20-50",1);
> >
> > AlertIf( Sell, "Sound C:\\Program
> > Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\tada.wav","Sell MA50-20",2);
> >
> > the other is
> > AlertIf( Buy, "Sound C:\\Program
> > Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\gunshot.wav","Buy MACD",1);
> >
> > AlertIf( Sell, "Sound C:\\Program
> > Files\\AmiBroker\\Sounds\\tada.wav","Sell MACD",2);
> >
> > What happens is the gunshot comes through maybe every second,
> > continously. This only happens every few days. Normal most of
the
> > time, maybe every 5 minutes. Something starts it and have to
delete
> > the two alerts, then will be Ok when I start them later.
> >
> > This comes up at the bottom left, see quotation marks, of AB
during
> > the rapid firing of the gunshot. Says tada wave failed.
> >
> > "SOUND C:\Program Files AmiBroker\Sounds\tada.wavfailed.
(Note: '\'