[amibroker] Re: Indicators automatically copying to all charts

You have two options.

A) Spend a few days/nights trying to understand the logic behind
indicator drag/drop, overlay, insert linked, insert, etc.

B) Disregard the whole idea (at least for now) and customize your
charts so that you don't have to worry about it. Here is how to do it.

1) Create your own MyPrice.afl in Basic Charts folder

- in Basic charts folder right-click on "Price" - Edit
- you can see the white box with the AFL file name ("Price") at the
top of the screen
- change that name to MyPrice and click on Verify Syntax and Apply
Indicator boxes (just to the right of the name)

This will be your plain candlestick or bar chart without any
indicators.

2) Create you test layout:

- hit Ctrl+F4 a few times until you have blank screen
- Alt+W - New
- right-click on "MyPrice.afl" and use Insert Linked. Your chart is
in the pane at the bottom

- close all the other chart panes (right-click - Close)
- R-click on Layouts pane (in the Workspace tree on the left) - Save
As - MyLayout

3) Now you can add indicators

- add Bollinger Bands (r-click - Overlay)
- r-click anywhere on the chart - Edit Formula
- change AFL file name from "MyPrice" to "Temp" (in the white box at
the top of the screen) and click on Verify Syntax and Apply Indicator
boxes

- hit Ctrl+End
- remove the lines:

_SECTION_BEGIN("Bollinger Bands");
_SECTION_END();

- hit Verify Syntax and Apply Indicator again. This will save
Temp.afl with the new code

- hit Escape key
- Close the top pane (r-click - Close)
- modify your BB parameters as needed (r-click - Parameters)
- r-click on the chart - Edit Formula
- enter the permanent name for the chart, eg. MyPrice+BB
- click on Verify Syntax and Apply Indicator

>From now on every time you need BB use Insert Linked to bring up this
chart.

Never use "Insert" nor double-click because than all the drag/drop
folder hell will break loose.

Every time you decide to make any modifications do it form AA window.
At first save the AFL file as Temp (Temp1, Temp2, etc.) and then save
the final version with the proper name.

This way you won't need to worry about cleaning the drag/drop folder
and you should never have the situation that your chart or indicator is linked to something that you didn't expect.

Lesmond

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alex Dolaptchiev" <axle_d@xxxx>
wrote:
> Graham,
>
> Thanks for the reply, however I have tried that.
> 1.  I have the two charts opened up
> 2.  I choose (highlight) the first chart
> 3.  I choose Opening Range Lines (ORL), RIGHT CLICK
> 4.  Choose "OVERLAY"
> 5.  It posts the ORL on the highlighted chart and then on the other
> chart as well
>
> HAve I done something wrong in how opened the charts maybe???  How
can
> I make sure the two are not linked.  When I created the new windows
> made sure that I did no choose "New Window".
>
> Thank you
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> > Sounds like you have the 2 charts as Insert Linked
> > Try just making one Insert which creates a AFL copy
> >
> > On 5/17/05, Alex Dolaptchiev <axle_d@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Please help:
> > >
> > > 1.  Running AB 4.70.5 RT
> > > 2.  Have a chart of INDU, and COMPQ
> > > 3.  First TAB in each chart is labeled "Intraday"
> > > 4.  I have plotted a simple bar price chart with Opening Range
Lines