From: giggollo99
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 3:08 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: slippage

HI..good point..Sometimes you design a system and end up with
wonderful profits in the simulation, but once you start actual trading
you realize that slippage renders the system useless. This is often
the case if your system makes a lot of trades (intraday)..Its hard to
estimate for slippage..placing limit orders will allow you to control
your slippage, but will mean you can no longer rely on simulation
results, because you will miss out on some (potentially lucrative)
trades due to limit orders