[amibroker] Re: IB symbology

I am brand new to this forum and AM and unfortunately I can't access
IB right now to test my theory for you but I got QM working with the
format QMM5-NYMEX-FUT. Also it seems IB is not always consistent in
their formatting for instance ZB is ZB   JUN 05-ECBOT-FUT while ZG
is ZG JUN 05-ECBOT-FUT.  Kind of strange but notice ZB requires
the "standard" initial 3 spaces while ZG won't work unless you only
leave one space.  And then ZI just doesn't seem to work at all even
for the API staff at IB.

Hope this helps,

Curtis Abbott

P.S. If you know of a way to auto-export the incoming stream from IB
to an ASCII file for use in virtual real time with another piece of
software please let me know.