Re: [amibroker] OFF Topic: Trader's Confessions

Thanks, Ron, for the clarification. The fact that you are using the
%K/%D crossover does indeed answer my question as to which stochastic
you were using.

In your example, you appear to be saying two things: first, when the
stochastic hits a high (> 80), it ought to waffle a few days before
turning down to signifiy a major market downturn; in other words, a
short mesa at the top of a stochastic peak is more noteworthy than a
simple peak and sharp downturn. Second, you are discussing longer term
(weeks to months) signals rather than shorter term (days), which I was
referring to with my question. The system I'm trading has an average
trade duration of 3 days. So, the example you give is not appropriate
to the situation I was addressing since I'm looking for an entry
signal qualifier. However, I suspect that by staring at charts for
awhile, an idea or application of this indicator might pop out that
could be applicable to shorter term situations (such as playing around
with the %K and %D length parameters). Thanks for taking the time to
answer my query.

Regards,

Al Venosa