Re: [amibroker] Re: Potential Amibroker Buyer rapidly losing interest.........

Hello,

As you know well, QCharts is
a) hard-wired to one data source (quote.com)
b) does not store data locally at all (all data are constantly downloaded from internet)
c) does not even have 20% of features as AmiBroker (no "automatic analysis" at all)

For this reason the solution they use (i.e. not storing data locally at all
and downloading everything constantly from the web) is suitable for them.

It is unfortunatelly completely unsuitable for application like AmiBroker that
needs local database to make quick backtesting/explorations possible.

The same appplies to SierraChart - this product is focused on charting,
not on data mining / analysis / backtesting.

AmiBroker is mainly analysis / backtesting platform that is optimized to perform
huge data mining (ten thousands of symbols and very long histories).
Such work is completely beyond capabilities of QCharts/SierraChart.

AmiBroker with its file structure having ability to store tens of thousands of
files and plugin architecture allowing linking to ANY data source
is far superior to those products because it provides flexibility and speed
not available anywhere else. This includes ability to use Quote.com as real-time
data source (plus of course many others).

Try using the products you mentioned on database that holds 60000 symbols
(like QP2 for example) and make any analysis and you will start to understand
why AB is superior.

No other product is able to work at huge EOD database and on real-time intraday databases
at the same time maintaining speed and flexibility.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com