Re: [amibroker] Re: K-Ratio Question

 Hello,
      Yes ,got your point, guess i will have to do a lot of homework on
this ,the procedure not being  very tangible .I was wondering whether
there was any automatic procedure for this using certain parameter
metrics to make them better like we have the amibroker scan function,or
the optimise etc etc (i am aware about the incorporated ratios)  and we
know what the parameters show and so know the state of our system .I
have done the equity line but that shows past state and current state
but here a sudden fall in the value of a few scripts could totally skew
the equity line so i was wondering if there were any other parameters i
can use to show that my portfolio is still maintained in a healthy
state?
       Thanks for the input.

   N !!

--- Fred <ftonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Natasha,
>
> There are probably more answers to questions like that then there
> are people willing to give answers to the question.
>
> In terms of looking at Equity Curves per se it really doesn't matter
> if we are talking about single issues or portfolios of issues.  The
> ~~~Equity symbol will show the curve for either assuming that one
> did a portfolio backtest ( now the default ) and the principles for
> examining the related perfomance metrics for either are the same.
>
> I know the above isn't really an answer to what you are asking but I
> think the best I can suggest is to decide what your goals are and
> how you are going to objectively measure how well or not a system is
> perfomring and work backwards from there.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Natasha !! <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello  again ,
> >
> >        I know its not exactly a cut and dried process and not very
> easy but any reference to any book or to some website where some
> info is available? or how are u going about it .I am basically
> interested in asset allocation optimally.
> >
> >   Thanks
> >
> >     N !!
> >
> > Natasha !! <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx> wrote:
> >  hello,
> >          My basic problem is that i have gone past the indicator
> building part and i thought it was the tough part  , and reached a
> point where i have to build a portfolio and manage it.Basically i
> have reached a stage where i now have to develop a system to build
> and  maintain a portfolio and i really haven't   a clue how to go
> about it.I mean i can build and optimise a system  to my comfort and
> it can give me signals when to enter/exit .I can scan and it gives
> me various signals that are bulllish bearish and sideways but that
> is going slam bam i mean its not really methodical investing , they
> are just trade signals for the various stocks.Nothing to do with
> position size and asset allocation,cash position , how much to
> invest ,how much cash to have aside etc etc           I thought
> maybe one used the various ratios but how to use them ? May be a
> chart  or something to illustrate .Your mail was basically before
> the advanced modifications but i was wondering whether there was some
> >  chart  or graph to go about developing or to illustrate the state
> of the portfolio's  health .
> >
> >  --- N !!
> >
> > Fred <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > N,
> >
> > I'm not sure what you are wanting charts of ... However, you can
> > make your own using the equity indicator I pointed at earlier.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Natasha !!
> <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > hello Fred ,

> [...]