Re: [amibroker] Encrypting or Password protecting Custom indicators

This may sound all good and well,
    But I see a can of worms ahead if the AFL itself is able to be
encrypted/password protected.

You will get,
    Black box AFL, That is unable to be checked because the author has
some carrot up his/her ass. (A few people instantly come to mind).
    Lot's of shitty Black box AFL being uploaded to the AFL archives?
    People (As in human nature) will assume that because AFL can be
locked away - That Code is something that should not be shared.
       And the free exchange of Code/Idea's on these forums will be even
more difficult to accomplish.
    Dubious people trying to profit of AmiBroker users by selling Black
box AFL systems.
    AFL that stagnates, Because no-one can review/update it.

Better would be,
	A seperate ability to Block load AFL, tied (encrypted) to the AB
licence. And Disable AFL editor for Locked AFL.
  (ie Broker.Charts file, New one called Custom.Charts)

  eg, If company X wan't to Protect their AFL code from their users,

Admin:
1) The Admin copies all text AFL to the "Custom" directory.
2) He runs AB and Creates a Custom.Charts file - Bound to
his AB licence. (This is Most important *** See Below.)
3) Admin Locks the Custom.Charts block with a password so it can not be
altered/viewed.

User:
1) The Locked Custom charts are available in normal charts tree.
2) Locked Custom AutoAnalysis AFL are available through a pulldown menu
within the "Pick File" dialog.

*** Important
The "Custom.Charts" file MUST be bound to the Licence of amibroker to
stop the above mentioned problems arising.
eg.
  It would be useless to copy the custom.charts unless the brokey.dll
was also copied.
  If the Brokey.dll is also copied - The AFL can be traced back to it's
original source and more than likely the person that leaked said code.

    Just my 2c worth.
        Michael.S.G.