Re: [amibroker] Is there a way to ignore the SHORT signal when thebuilt-in stop is in place?

Oops. Use Flip instead of ExRem. This gives all 1's (True) from Buy to Sell. (ExRem deletes extra signals.)

Terry wrote:
I'm thinking this might work. Note that this will NOT work in the reverse (for holding on to a Short position) due to the order of execution.

ApplyStop ( stopTypeTrailing, stopModePercent, 5, True);
Buy = // some condition
Sell = 0;
onBuy = ExRem(Buy,Sell);
Short = some condition AND NOT onBuy
Cover = 0;

Terry

ezbentley wrote:
Hi:

My code is as follows:

ApplyStop ( stopTypeTrailing, stopModePercent, 5, True);
Buy = // some condition
Sell = 0;
Short = // some condition
Cover = 0;

Once I enter a long position, I want the stop to be the only way to
exit the market,
even if a SHORT signal occurs. In other words, I want to ignore the
SHORT signal until
the stop has been touched. With my current code, the SHORT signal
will cover the
long position and establish another SHORT position, which is not my
intent.

Is there a way to detect if a position already exists or to ignore
the SHORT until after
the stop has been taken out?

I am a newbie. Any help will be greatly appreciated.