From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lesmond V
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:56 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] AmiBroker and IB Data Feed

Regarding a number of posts on this forum related to problems with IB
data feed here is my comment.

Any charting software that supports data from InteractiveBrokers is
in the same position as AmiBroker. Minor and major glitches that are
quickly patched up by charting program's developers and which
reappear a few days/weeks later in the same or different form with
the introduction of the newer version of TWS (which is often full of
bugs of its own).

In addition to AmiBroker I also use SierraChart and the ratio of data
feed problems reported on their support message board is roughly as
follows:

IB: 20 problems
MyTrack: 1 problem

About the same holds true on this forum where the ratio of problems
between IB feed and eSignal is about 20:1 as well.

InteractiveBrokers is primarily a brokerage and not a data feed.
Users get the data for free as a bonus. They get what they pay for.
Anybody daytrading futures should be able to pay $70/month for the
real feed like eSignal and IB should be considered only as a backup
feed.

While it's understandable why some users like the idea of using IB
data, the reality is that fixing all the bugs endlessly generated by
lousy programming on IB's end takes lots of time that AmiBroker's
developer could spend on enhancing other areas of his excellent
product.

In short, with all due respect to all users of IB data, my suggestion
is:

consider IB as a backup feed only and use something else as a primary
feed.

Lesmond