Re: [amibroker] Questions about Amiquote

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Khamsina

Terry a écrit :
Amiquote is not a data manager, it's just a downloader.

CSIData supplies Yahoo with data and they do the management.
This won't help you discover new/changed tickers, but when
you find one (QQQQ for example) then new data has already
been merged, adjusted, etc. by CSIData.

Terry

khamsina11 wrote:

Hi,

I am new to the list and it's my very first post :)

Well, I intend to get free quotes from Yahoo via Amiquote.
In order to build a complete US stocks database, I will use the template database provided by Amibroker ( USStocksTemplate.exe (190KB) )  available at this address http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab305.html

So, here are my questions about Amiquote :

1) Will change of symbol (or name or moving to another exchange-sector-industry) automatically be detected and modified by Amiquote in the database while downloading ?

We all know that those changes are very frequent in the US Market. It is a very tedious task, impossible to perform manually !!!

2)
Can Amiquote automatically perform splits ?

3) Will Amiquote automatically fill in missing data ?

4) Can Amiquote download  the "Yahoo Adjusted Close" ? (for the historical database)

5) How long will it take to update the entire US stocks database ( I have a broadband connection : DSL 2048)

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Khamsina