[amibroker] Anthony, Graham, Terry...

Many thanks for your quick help.  I decided to come back into the
fold and just ordered the Pro version.

I'm looking forward to working with AmiBroker again and will probably
have many more questions.

Best regards,

Dan.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Of course this can be converted into an exploration and used in the
AA window...and results saved to a watchlist...

> Anthony

Scanning

>   Anthony,
>
>   I remember your name from way back when.  :-)
>
>   The formula looks very simple (which I like), but...
>
>   In looking at your formula, it looks like it returns divergence
for a
>   single symbol and then plots the divergence on a chart.
Correct?
>   If "yes", that's not quite what I'm looking for.
>
>   Is it possible to write a similar scan which searches through
3000
>   symbols displays or saves a list of only the 50-100 where there
is a
>   divergence?
>
>   Thanks in advance for any help,
>
>   Dan.
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso"
<ajf1111@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > x=Divergence(LinRegSlope(C,20),LinRegSlope(OBV(),20),1);
>   >
>   > Plot(x,"x",colorRed,styleHistogram);
>   >
Regression
> [...]
in
>   >   database of daily data where the Linear Regression of Price
is
>   >   diverging from the Linear Regression of an indicator (like
>   Chaikin
>   >   Money Flow, On-balance Volume, RSI or relative strength to
>   another
>   >   symbol).
>   >
>   >   For example:
>   >
>   >   1) Calculate the 20 day Linear Regression Slope of every
symbol's
>   >   closing price.
>   >
>   >   2) Calculate the 20 day Linear Regression Slope of every
symbol's
>   On-
>   >   Balance Volume.
>   >
>   >   3) Find all symbols in the datatabase where LR Slopes are
>   >   diverging.  I.e.:
>   >
>   >   -- LR Slope of Price is negative and LR Slope of On-balance
>   Volume
>   >   is positive, OR
>   >
>   >   -- LR Slope of Price is positive and LR Slope of On-balance
>   Volume
>   >   is negative.
>   >
>   >   Ideally, AmiBroker would allow me to dynamically modify the
>   Linear
>   >   Regression periods and the Indicator selected, but I'd be
happy
>   >   even implement the basic scan.
>   >
>   >   Can this LR Divergence scan be performed in AmiBroker?
>   >
>   >   Thanks and regards,
>   >
>   >   Dan.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>   >
>   >   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>   >   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>   >
>   >   For other support material please check also:
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   >
>   >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
>   Service.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>   4/16/2005
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

Service.

> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
4/16/2005