[amibroker] Re: Using AB on two computers

Natasha - I'm afraid I'm no computer guru and can't answer all your
qts.  All I can tell you is that it is the size of your thumb and
weighs about as much.  Too my knowledge, it has no "memory" but is
simply a "dumb" drive for storage.....ok...this is where I my
knowledge gets all fuzzy....and somebody else can fill in :-).  It
costs about a $100 for 1Gig.  256MB can cost anywhere from $15-$50
but as I mentioned in an earlier post; 256MB fills up fast.  When my
256MB flash filled up, I kept getting msgs saying my report cannot be
displayed (when backtesting).  Then I transferred the AB to a 1Gig
drive and no problems so far.  You can buy them from any electronics
store like Best Buy.  Some of them even come with strings so you can
hang them round your neck or keychain :-) :-)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Natasha !! <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
wrote:
>  hello,
>        Regarding this Flash drive read literature about it on the
net
> but still got some questions: is it a dynamic drive with an inbuit
> motor and platters and all or just a memory stick and how durable
is it
> (YOu can carry it on a keychain as you say)and how heavy is it.I
mean
> if it has a motor (since it is a drive)it would needs  power to
> operate.
>
>   -- N !!
>
> --- Dickie Paria <babui@xxxx> wrote:
>

> > It can be plugged in any machine with a USB 2.0 port cause Flash
> > drives have USB 2.0 (just like plugging into a electrical
socket).
> > It immediately shows up on your computer as E: drive.  Click on
the
> > E: drive icon and you will see your AB files.  Just work in AB
like
> > you normally would.  Exit at end of session and pull your Flash
drive

> > out.  Carry your Flash drive on your keychain :-) and log into
> > another computer with USB 2.0 ports.  Thats it.
> > Or - if you have AB on C drive currently - connect Flash drive to
> > your computer - and then download AB files into the E drive
(Flash).

> > I recommend at least a 1 Gig drive (since I very easily used up a
256

> > MB).  Hope that helps.
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "moztrader" <das300@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > So u can just plug this in any machine and it will see yre
programs
> > > and run AB ?
> > >
> > > MOZ
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dickie Paria" <babui@xxxx>