[amibroker] Re: Using AB on two computers

The idea of carrying AB on a flash drive is an interesting one. But
doesn't go to the heart of keeping two computers in sync.

Additionally, with the new interconnectivity of the templates,
layouts and the AFL files for indicators, it also raises the
question of what do I need to save to do a complete backup. You
know, what is standardly recommended before you do a program
upgrade. I seems that this is now much more than just saving your
broker.* files.

So backup and restore now become an issue of how to proceed.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dickie Paria" <babui@xxxx> wrote:

> The Flash carries the AB with it.  You can log into any computer -
so
> long as it has a USB port (almost all computers in the last 1-2
yrs
> have extra USB ports).
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "moztrader" <das300@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > SO do i need to have AB on the PCS I put the FLASH drive into ?
or
> > does FLASH carry the AB program with it ?
> >

> > MOZ
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dickie Paria" <babui@xxxx>
wrote:

> > > It can be plugged in any machine with a USB 2.0 port cause
Flash
> > > drives have USB 2.0 (just like plugging into a electrical
> socket).
> > > It immediately shows up on your computer as E: drive.  Click
on
> the
> > > E: drive icon and you will see your AB files.  Just work in AB
> like
> > > you normally would.  Exit at end of session and pull your
Flash
> drive
> > > out.  Carry your Flash drive on your keychain :-) and log into
> > > another computer with USB 2.0 ports.  Thats it.
> > > Or - if you have AB on C drive currently - connect Flash drive
> > > your computer - and then download AB files into the E drive
> (Flash).
> > > I recommend at least a 1 Gig drive (since I very easily used
up a
> 256
> > > MB).  Hope that helps.
> > >

> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "moztrader" <das300@xxxx>