Re: [amibroker] Inactive stock

Nope, the garbage tickers come from QP3.  Every month or so I refresh QP3 and I get back about 1000 empty tickers.

I modified the cleanup script to ask user = false and delete when done to true and let the script clean out the garbage.  Works for me.

QP folks claim they get all that trash from their data vendor but I see they take the precaution to not show the empty symbols in their charts.  Too bad they don't eliminate them from their DB.
Sid

Hal Brehe <hcbre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ira,

I have been fighting this problem for over a week now. I have done EVERYTHING I can think of, except moving AB and everything associated with it to another drive.

I have had an on-going conversation with Marcin, in Support,   ([#19483] Deletion of old DB Tickers),  without any resolution.

I have hand deleted over 1000 tickers from AmiBroker (Symbol / Delete) to remove them from the Workspace window, started a brand new Database Folder,  searched for additional files where the old data may have been stored, Re-established the data base, checked it manually to make sure the excess tickers were NOT in the new database -- & I'll be da-n-d if they did not re-appear again.  And Again, and Again!!

I have asked Marcin to inform me where else these tickers might be hiding (like in the program somewhere), but I have had no response in the past two days (weekend probably).

Lets keep in touch, for if you have the disease I have, you've got a battle ahead of you.

If anyone reading this, have ANY thoughts on how to correct this problem, please contact Ira or myself. I'm becoming convinced that the Tickers reside somewhere within AB, but I have no idea as to how to go about locating just where. They act as though they are coded within AmiBroker somewhere.

Best Regards, and GOOD LUCK!!

Hal